Duchess Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl; add 2 tablespoons butter and milk. Beat on low just until smooth; cool slightly. Add egg and chives; beat on low until fluffy.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #8b open star pastry tip. Fill the bag with potato mixture. Pipe potatoes into four rosettes on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Drizzle over potatoes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Duchess Potatoes
"I couldn't believe how easy these were! And so versatile...I added some minced garlic and a little cheese and they were yummy and beautiful! It made so many that I froze the extra rosettes for another time. My husband was very impressed :)"