Drop Biscuits and Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Divide dough into four portions and drop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Stir in butter until melted; sprinkle with flour. Gradually stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Serve over biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit with 1/3 cup gravy: 454 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Feb 25, 2018
Gravy was very good, but way too peppery for me when going by the recipe. The drop biscuits on the other hand were easy to make but are dry and flavorless. Even with adding cheddar cheese it was still flavorless.
Jan 23, 2016
I was looking for a quick drop biscuit recipe as I didn't want flour all over my counter. It was indeed easy and no counter mess but it lacked flavor. I had added a little more butter than it suggested. Next time I will at least double the butter recipe. I'm sure if I did the gravy I wouldn't notice the non flavor. Maybe I should add Cream of Tartar or Sugar or perhaps cheese next time. They were crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It doesn't ask you to sift the flower and now I wish I had because that would have helped.
Nov 17, 2012
very easy, I added a bit of paprika and depending on the hotness of sausage, can make it anyway you want!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.