Dried Fruit Squares
Honey and orange juice add a tasty touch of sweetness to these fruity squares.—Martha Voss, Dickinson, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
Makes4 pounds (6-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound dates (3-1/2 cups)
- 1 pound dried figs (3 cups)
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins (3 cups)
- 1 pound dried apricots (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside. In a food processor or grinder, coarsely chop the fruit. Add honey and orange juice. Press into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 5 hours. Cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 65 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Dried Fruit Squares in Country Woman November/December 1999