Dried Fruit Muesli
"Your day will start just right when you prepare this comforting chilled cereal created by our Test Kitchen staff. Filled with wholesome ingredients, it sits in the fridge overnight for the perfect pick-me-up when the alarm clock rings.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 228 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Summertime Muesli in Light & Tasty June/July 2005