Dried Cherry Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg whites and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Stir in cherries and almonds (dough will be stiff).
- Press into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to a cutting board; cut biscotti in half with a serrated knife. Cut each half into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place slices cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 135 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 25, 2019
Although this recipe produces a biscotti that is not as hard as others, the taste is outstanding. I made a batch of these to take to work for a coffee break meeting, but when I offered my husband a sample he went wild over them. I didn't even know he liked biscotti! Needless to say, I took donuts to the meeting instead!