Dressed-Up Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 117 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 20, 2010
Love this recipe! So good and so healthy :)
Feb 11, 2010
Loved this. Would make it with burgers, dogs, chicken, subs; just about any sandwhich or finger food. Even the kids chowed down on this one. It's a keeper!
Feb 11, 2010
Great. Even my kids (14 and 16) loved it. They want it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.