Dressed-Up Tuna Salad
"My family has enjoyed this pretty salad for many years," comments Shelly Kaiser of Louisville, Kentucky. "To save time, use prepared balsamic dressing instead of making it yourself. Serve this salad with sourdough French bread for an easy dinner," she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange romaine on four salad plates. Top with the tomatoes, eggs, cheese, tuna and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Tuna Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.