Dressed-Up Steak Salad
This sirloin gets its fresh taste from tomato, red onion and avocado. A little steak sauce in the dressing helps it complement the meat perfectly. To complete the meal, serve with soft breadsticks and lemon sherbet. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 6 ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Brush on both sides of steak; let stand for 30 minutes. Broil steak 4 in. from the heat until meat reaches desired doneness, 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, on 2 plates, arrange greens, tomato, avocado and onion. Thinly slice steak; place on top of salads. Serve with dressing.