This is an attractive medley that works well with most main courses. My mother served us this salad nearly every day.—Karen Bailey, Golden, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- DIJON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cucumber, peppers, radishes, onions and parsley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 109 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001