Dressed-Up Dogs Recipe
"These tasty sandwiches are great for lunches since they reheat well in the microwave," explains Roseann Loker, field editor from Vicksburg, Michigan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 hot dogs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 13-in. circle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cut into 12 wedges. Place hot dogs at wide end of wedges and roll up.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet with point down. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Dogs
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC