Dressed-Up Dogs Recipe
"These tasty sandwiches are great for lunches since they reheat well in the microwave," explains Roseann Loker, field editor from Vicksburg, Michigan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 hot dogs
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 13-in. circle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cut into 12 wedges. Place hot dogs at wide end of wedges and roll up. Place on an ungreased baking sheet with point down. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Dogs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC