"These tasty sandwiches are great for lunches since they reheat well in the microwave," explains Roseann Loker, field editor from Vicksburg, Michigan.
Recommended: 20 Ways to Make Hot Dogs Even More Fun
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 hot dogs
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 13-in. circle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cut into 12 wedges. Place hot dogs at wide end of wedges and roll up. Place on an ungreased baking sheet with point down. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Dogs in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p54