- 1 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place Cornish hen in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade over hen; seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place hen, skin side up, in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forDressed-Up Cornish Hen
"This was okay. Not my favorite cornish hen recipe. Although it smelled great while cooking, it didn't have a lot of flavor."
""Place hen, SKIN SIDE UP." Which side is the "skin side"?"