"In Clayton, Ontario, Bryan Forster needs only four ingredients to turn ordinary broccoli into a dressed-up side dish. The garlic in the broiled crumb topping really comes through.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a microwave-and broiler-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 4-1/2 minutes; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over broccoli. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 50 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 17, 2010
This recipe has become a favorite over the years for it's taste and easy prep. Even my children, who are not crazy about broccoli will eat this, and the everyday ingredients make this a snap to fix at the last minute.