- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Serve warm or refrigerate. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews forDressed-Up Applesauce
"Next time I make this I think I'll tone down the spices just a pinch so the applesauce flavor comes through a little bit more. But it is very tasty!"