Dreamy Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate curls
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth; stir in pudding. Set aside.
- Gently spread ice cream topping into crust. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold 1-1/2 cups into pudding mixture; pour into crust. Spread remaining whipped cream over top; garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 745 calories, 51g fat (22g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 25, 2016
This is one of my favorite pies of all time. I love peanut butter so I made this yummy pie. I made it with the butter finger crust and also I did a graham cracker crust both were delicious. I didn't have the chocolate shavings so I used toffee/chocolate bits and it was very good!
Mar 26, 2015
Yum! I love all things peanut butter and this is no exception. Cool-Whip can be used as a time saver and I have also put this in a chocolate cookie crust. Great pie!
Mar 22, 2015
This lives up to its name-- dreamy! No wonder it is a contest winning pie. It is the kind of dessert you will want to prepare to impress family and friends. Very rich so pieces can be cut small. Beatufil and impressive. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I appriciate desserts that deliver the "wow" factor!
Feb 23, 2015
might try sugar free pudding, skim milk, light butter,light cream cheese, do they have low fat sw. con. milk, a low sugar or f.f. topping, what about using cool whip (they have sugar free or f.f. or light),2T.SUGAR can be avoided, do not need the ch. curls
Feb 22, 2015
There are so many P-Nut Butter pie recipes out there that all seem to taste wonderful. This is no exception but at 745 calories /- how much whip cream you use, or what size slice--I cannot justify serving it or eating them anymore. They all are caloric nightmares, this one is not the exception. What would truly by a "gift" to many of us would be a Lower Saturated fat, Lower Cholesterol, Lower Carb and Lower Sodium version of this pie that tastes good. If anybody has lower-cal version to post I would appreciate it so much. Perhaps I will get busy and experiment until I come up with one I can post.
Feb 21, 2015
This is a super easy, super smooth pie that tastes great. Most requested pie in my home.
Apr 5, 2011
Great recipe...i just used the chocolate syrup to decorate the top instead of chocolate curls..i also pressed the crust into a deep dish corning ware baking dish and it worked just as well
May 29, 2010
This pie was fantastic. I opted to put the filling into a chocolate graham cracker crust, it was wonderful.
Aug 3, 2009
This is INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone at my party loved it. Instead of fussing around with the chocolate curls, I bought the mini chocolate chips and sprinkled them on top. Next time I'm going to try to save a little time by substituting Cool Whip for the whipped cream from scratch.
Jun 4, 2009
It's fabulous...and personally, I save up all my calories and WW points just so I can enjoy a slice. Yes, it's that good :)