Dragon Claws with Blood Sauce
Stand back and watch guests gobble up this cold Halloween appetizer! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce)
- 10 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine water and salt; bring to a boil. Add shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. Cool in ice water; drain. Refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, lemon juice, peel, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. On a serving platter, arrange shrimp in groups of three to resemble dragon claws. Serve with sauce; garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 102 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Dragon Claws in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.