Down Home Succotash
If you grow your own corn, you can have it be really fresh for this recipe if you make sure everything is ready before you pick the corn! That's the way I like it.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 pound lima beans
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels and drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, add the corn, beans, green pepper and onion. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender, adding water if necessary. Stir in tomatoes and bacon; cook just until tomatoes are heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Down Home Succotash in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.