Down-Home Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; remove and set aside. Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Return chops to the pan; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 2 tablespoons : 219 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Down-Home Pork Chops
"made this 4 times now. this last time i did a caribean pork loin roast (T.O.H. RECIPE) w/this sauce. AWSOME!"
"Very tasty. Double the sauce. Especially if your chops are thick."
"I had high hopes for the sauce after reading the reviews, but it was just ok for me. A little sweet with a bit of heat, but mostly tasteless. Chops were ok as well."
"Really soft and tender. The sauce was also very tasty. I will definitely be making these chops again!"
"Good recipe. I was a little disappointed in the small amount of sauce. A hit with my husband. Convenient in that I had on hand all the ingredients."
"Definitely a "make again"!! Our picky eater even loved it."
"This was very good. easy recipe to cook and my husband loved it"
"This is our favorite pork chop recipe -- sweet with a kick. I usually double the sauce to spoon over mashed potatoes. A must-try!"
"These were delicious."
"our dd "hates pork chops" but after clearing her plate informed me if you make these again I'll keep right on eating. These were excellent."
"Excellent recipe. Lots of flavor. I worry about recipes that call for sugar because I hate sweet meat but this is perfect. Definately will make again!"
"I doubled the sauce ingredients, so we had plenty to serve over rice. We liked the heat from the red pepper flakes."
"easy, fast, and tasty. This is a keeper."
"I've used this recipe two times - the second time, I doubled the ingredients for the sauce. It's so flavorful, we wanted more! Yum!"
"Made this years ago. I loved it, hubby and daughter didn't love it so much."
"Simple ingredients but lots of flavor. easy to make on a weeknight."
"Very good. Looking forward to having it again."
"I was surprised how good the sauce tasted. I thought it might be too salty because of the soy sauce, but with the brown sugar and red pepper flakes it was very good. I will definately make it again."
"Outstanding. My wife almost never eats more than a serving...she ate 2...This is a must cook recipe."