This dish is a hit at every family gathering. It freezes well, so I always seem to have some on hand for last-minute meals.—Jeanette Hielpler, Bloomington, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, peas, soups, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour until potatoes are tender.
Down-Home-Dinner can also be made in a slow cooker. Brown the beef and onion; drain. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours (on low for 8-12 hours) or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Down-Home Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book