Doughnut Bread Pudding with Brandy Cream Sauce
Here's a fun and super easy bread pudding for holiday entertaining. It takes just 10 minutes to prep and let it bake while you're enjoying dinner. The fail-proof sauce is delightful.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 plain cake doughnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Arrange doughnuts in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Whisk the eggs, milk, 1-1/2 cups ice cream and sugar; pour over doughnuts. Let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with cranberries. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Just before serving, combine brandy and remaining ice cream. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 387 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Doughnut Bread Pudding with Brandy Cream Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.