Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Scrub and pierce the baking and sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place pears in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cool potatoes slightly; cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, egg, salt, pepper, cinnamon and reserved pears.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 12, 2014
A nice blend of potatoes that complement one another, and the potato skins are healthy to eat.
Mar 29, 2011
Absolutely delicious, added small amount of shredded cheese to top last 10 minutes.