- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 whole gyro-style pitas (6 inches)
- 2 taco shells
- Toppings: chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, spread 1/4 cup refried beans over one side of each pita. Place on a microwave-safe plate; heat, uncovered, on high for 15-20 seconds or until warmed. Immediately wrap each pita around a taco shell. Fill with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forDouble-Shell Tacos
"I would just use flour tortillas....less bread. But I'll try with tortillas and let you know."