This recipe has been in the family since I was a kid. It was a Sunday night ritual then, and remains one today in my home. A dressed-up hot roll mix gives us enough dough for two flavorful crusts, so there is plenty of sausage-pepperoni pizza to serve company.
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 4 cups (28 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets with the garlic powder, oregano and Italian seasoning. Stir in water and oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a ball. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. With greased hands, press dough onto two greased 12-in. pizza pans. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Spread crusts with pizza sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese, sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (10 slices each).
Originally published as Double Sausage Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p30