Chocolate and peanut butter…need we say more? These delectable bars from our Test Kitchen are dipped in a creamy candy coating for extra deliciousness. Get ready to hear kids of all ages say, “Yum!”
Recommended: 30 Simple Frozen Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches (recipe also oin Recipe Finder)
- 4 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Prepare, bake and cool Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy coating, peanut butter and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Cut ice cream sandwich into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip into coating mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p60