Double Nut Crunchies
Chopped cashews lend to the delectable crunch of these cookies, while peanut butter gives them even more great nutty flavor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cashews.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 234 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Double Nut Crunchies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.