Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
I thought cheesecake and pumpkin pie would be amazing together. This creamy combo won a prize in our local pie contest, so I guess the judges agreed! —Noel Ferry, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PUMPKIN LAYER:
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Pulse first four ingredients in a food processor until ground. Add butter; pulse to blend. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- For cheesecake layer, beat all ingredients until smooth. For pumpkin layer, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, pie spice and salt; gradually whisk in cream. Spread cheesecake mixture onto crust; cover with pumpkin mixture.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until filling is set, 55-65 minutes. Cool at least 1 hour on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and pecans.
Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares: Press crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Prepare and add layers as directed; bake in a preheated 325° oven until filling is set, 55-65 minutes. Cool as directed. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 422 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cheese Pie with Gingersnap-nut crust in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016