Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
I thought cheesecake and pumpkin pie would be amazing together. This creamy combo won a prize in our local pie contest, so I guess the judges agreed! —Noel Ferry, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PUMPKIN LAYER:
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Pulse first four ingredients in a food processor until ground. Add butter; pulse to blend. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- For cheesecake layer, beat all ingredients until smooth. For pumpkin layer, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, pie spice and salt; gradually whisk in cream. Spread cheesecake mixture onto crust; cover with pumpkin mixture.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until filling is set, 55-65 minutes. Cool at least 1 hour on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and pecans.
Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares: Press crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Prepare and add layers as directed; bake in a preheated 325° oven until filling is set, 55-65 minutes. Cool as directed. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 422 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 26, 2019
I love this recipe I double up on the cheesecake part but not the pumpkin part and it makes it to be perfect for cheesecake bars
Jan 13, 2017
To die for. Will double next time & put it in a 9 X13 pan.