Double K Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 246 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2015
My favorite way to prepare salmon! And my 5 year old loves it too, so thats a double-win!
Sep 26, 2015
This is a most enjoyable recipe. It has the perfect balance of Sweet, and Sassy with a hint of Heat. I only had sweetened Pineapple juice so I backed away from some of the Brown sugar. I felt that the extra sweetness was tamed down with the use of all of the remaining ingredients. Everyone had a say in creating this lovely marinade.I think that Dijon mustard would be a very nice addition.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor *
Sep 9, 2015
I made this recipe last night for dinner and was not disappointed! I always have all of these ingredients on hand, and it came together in no-time at all. Very flavorful! I will definitely make this again. The leftovers were also wonderful served over some leafy greens for a nice light salad.
Sep 8, 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious...we can't wait to make it again!
Aug 18, 2014
Wonderful flavor and easy to make. FAmily loved it
Jun 19, 2013
Jun 19, 2013
This salmon was delicious! Salmon is not my favorite and my husband even less so; but with all the health benefits, I am trying to incorporate it more. This was one of the best we have had and is a go to.I am not a big fan of vinegar, so I replaced it with dijon mustard, which I like with salmon. Also, we turned the fish halfway through cooking.
Feb 26, 2013
I couldn't taste any spiciness which was good for my kids (who ate it up!). We all thought it was really good though. If I were to make it just for adults, I would increase the hot sauce.
Aug 13, 2012
very very good!!
Aug 13, 2012
very good! I baked this