- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in from side of pan comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and pudding mix until blended. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost brownies. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spread with fudge frosting. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forDouble Frosted Brownies
"This is a rich dessert so a little goes a long way. Delicious for all you chocoholics!"
"The first time I made brownies i didn't wait until they were total cool before fosting so butter seperated and soaked into brownies. However the second time i got it right. These brownies are really rich. I like sweet stuff but these are too sweet for my taste."
"I ;have already given this reciipe to 5 people. I don't usually like brownies but this is to die for."
"These brownies are very tasty but rich. I would make them again, but not very often. Two frostings are almost a bit much and I am a sweet lover. Figure on about 2 hours to make these. They are great in small quantities."