Double-Duty Primavera Chicken Soup
Get out the ladle and your happy bowls for a soothing, hearty soup that’s like a warm hug from the inside out. Slow cooking makes it so simple. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups reserved potato mixture from Double-Duty Slow-Cooked Lemony Spring Veggies
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add asparagus and thyme; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and reserved potato mixture; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 297 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Chicken & Vegetable Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016