VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups reserved potato mixture from Double-Duty Slow-Cooked Lemony Spring Veggies
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add asparagus and thyme; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and reserved potato mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Double-Duty Primavera Chicken Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016