- 5 pounds apples, peeled and sliced (about 13 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until apples are soft.
Add vanilla; stir to break up apples. Reserve 3/4 cup applesauce for Double-Duty Applesauce Mini Muffins. Serve remaining applesauce warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled applesauce in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Yield: 8 servings plus leftover.
Reviews forDouble-Duty Heavenly Applesauce
"Great chunky applesauce! I had requests to do this one again."
"Very good!! Mine turned out more like apple butter, but whatever you call it, it's good!"