Double-Duty Chicken & Feta Spinach Salad
In my all-purpose salad, you can change up the pasta, nuts and cheese. If you have tomatoes, leftover turkey or a fresh lemon to squeeze, go for it. —Donna Bardocz, Howell, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups), finely chopped
- 4 reserved chicken thighs from Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes, shredded, or 1-1/2 cups any shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, orzo, chicken, cheese, almonds and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended; add to salad and toss gently to combine.