Double-Duty Applesauce Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup reserved Double-Duty Heavenly Applesauce or other cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in applesauce and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 mini muffin: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 28, 2017
These went incredibly fast! Due to their small size, a double batch would have been in order. I did use leftovers from the Heavenly applesauce but any chunky applesauce would probably work just as well.
Aug 31, 2016
Very delicious !! I made mine into a loaf instead of the muffin and increase the baking time to 30 minutes!!
Jul 6, 2016
These muffins are quick and easy to make. We love the cinnamon and sugar topping! I did have to use a different cinnamon applesauce. Next time I will try these with the Heavenly Applesauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.