- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, cocoa, sugar, brown sugar, M&M's and baking chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add contents of jar and beat just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forDouble-Dutch Chocolate Holiday Cookies
"I thought the recipe in a jar idea was great for a gift, so I'm making this for my coworkers for the holidays. Of course, I had to test the recipe first and these cookies are delicious! I can't wait to make them again for my family. The only thing I changed was I melted the butter instead of just letting it soften so that it would mix together more easily."