Double Corn Cornbread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (6 slices)
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, rice milk, oil and vinegar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in corn.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 334 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 5, 2015
Wow - this was so good. I forgot to buy the frozen corn and increased the sugar to 3/4 cup. I used gluten free corn meal and almond milk. Apparently the cider vinegar really improves the taste, but when doubling the ingredients - maybe I shouldn't use 2 Tablespoons vinegar as I tasted the batter and the vinegar is very prevalent. Baked it at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes in a 11 x 7 pan to feed our fellowship. It was devoured. Thanks, Silvana!
Jun 3, 2014
I used regular flour and regular milk, creamed corn, and cut out the balsamic vinegar. Huge hit with the hubby.
Nov 17, 2012
I made this with regular all purpose flour and skim milk. It turned out very good. I like the whole corn in it. Very easy to make.
Nov 17, 2012
I also made this with regular all purpose four and skim milk. It turned out very good. I like the whole corn in it. Very easy to make.
Sep 1, 2012
Better than the box mix
Apr 12, 2012
We thought this was just ok. It seemed really bland to us.
Aug 19, 2011
We liked the course texture to this bread. It was moist and didn't crumble like a lot of cornbread recipes. I used fresh sweet corn, and we all agreed it was delicious. I also used all purpose flour, upped the sugar to 1/3 c and substituted 2% milk instead of rice milk.
Dec 17, 2010
Make this often- I add little more sugar- but this is a really good recipe!
Oct 1, 2010
This was enjoyed by every member of the family
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.