Double Corn Bake
I plant a big garden, which includes a lot of corn. My seven grandchildren enjoy coming to help pick and husk the corn. When our family gets together, they tell me "bring corn".
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, salt, chili powder and oregano; cook for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a spoon, press meat mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Spoon corn into crust.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Spread over corn.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cornstarch and remaining butter in a saucepan; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Cut pie into wedges and serve with sauce.
Originally published as Double Corn Bake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips