Double Chocolate Treats
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar if desired. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cracks look dry. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 279 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2011
Have made multiple times; my kids call these Chocolate Bombs as they explode with chocolate flavor. One modification, we use semi-sweet choc. chips and do not roll them in sugar. Awesome recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!
May 21, 2010
The Best Chocolate Cookie Recipe ever... my whole family liked them very much, but especially notable was a comment from my little brother who is not very fond of chocolate desserts saying that they were keepers. I loved these, too. Cannot be improved apon!