Double Chocolate Scones
Chocolate lovers will adore these moist, decadent scones that won me a blue ribbon in a baking competition. They’re perfect for a tea or brunch, and the mix of cocoa and chocolate chips makes them sweet enough for dessert. —Stephanie Sorbie, Glendale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk one egg, cream and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg; brush over scones. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 412 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.