Double Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- 3. Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding Cake
"Simple and yummy. We omitted the nuts, just a personal preference, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Very easy and tasty!"
"I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!"