Double Chocolate Pudding Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 31, 2013
Simple and yummy. We omitted the nuts, just a personal preference, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Very easy and tasty!
Aug 12, 2012
I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!