Double Chocolate Pudding Cake
Kathleen Gordon makes a crowd-pleasing dessert simple with cake cubes, instant pudding, whipped topping, chocolate syrup and nuts. "It's a surefire way way to satisfy chocolate lovers," remarks the Treadway, Tennessee cook.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Dec 31, 2013
Simple and yummy. We omitted the nuts, just a personal preference, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Very easy and tasty!
Aug 12, 2012
I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!