Double-Chocolate Linzer Tart Cookies
I am asked to make these for baby showers, bridal showers, church socials, tea parties—you name it. You can use different cookie cutter shapes to make them fit any occasion.—Kim Van Dunk, Caldwell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate on bottoms of solid cookies; refrigerate until firm. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam on top of chocolate; top with window cookies. Drizzle with remaining chocolate; let stand until set.
Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 178 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Linzer Tart Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine