I gave this away at our neighborhood Christmas party in cutie-patootie gift bags and was thrilled that I was able to give something to everyone. But the next week I started getting calls from the neighbors who'd made it and was blown away at the response. Everyone loves this! The white chocolate is what makes it extra creamy and chocolaty!—Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
Recommended: 55 Cafeteria Copycat Recipes That'll Take You Back
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 2 cups baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- Pulse the first five ingredients in a food processor until baking chips are finely ground. Transfer to a large airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended. Yield: 20 servings (6-2/3 cups hot cocoa mix).
Originally published as Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p192