This velvety no-bake pie will be a festive change of pace on the dessert table. A hint of orange in the cranberry topping adds extra pizzazz that’s too delish to resist. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 23 Amazing No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Ready Crust, 2 Extra Servings graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place chocolate chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Spread into crust; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Fold into pudding. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in orange zest. Spoon over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Chocolate Holiday Pie in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p35
Reviews forDouble-Chocolate Holiday Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2012