Double Chocolate Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cubed pound cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 can milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining milk until smooth. Add to sugar mixture; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 226 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 19, 2016
love this with pound cake - liked that it was not too sweet
Feb 21, 2012
We loved this; all I had was blocks of semisweet chocolate and it was perfect. At first I didn't think it would thicken but after it cooled a bit, it did. I did go ahead and use 6 oz instead of 4. My 3-year-old said, "Mommy, this is the best dessert I ever had!"
Feb 11, 2012
Very good flavor. I used milk chocolate chips. Mine did not thicken up. Will be great on ice cream also.
Feb 8, 2010
Thick and yummy, but not sweet enough for my taste.Will try with semi-sweet, or milk chocolate next time.