Double Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each into a 12x3-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on pans on wire racks 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 3/4-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 7-8 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 13, 2017
These taste pretty good but the numbers are way off. You cannot get 6 dozen from this recipe...I was able to get only 3 1/2 dozen. Now, it says to make four 12x3 rectangles....I didn't make mine this long otherwise the dough would have been SO thin. I made mine into 9x3 rectangles and even then it seemed a little thin. Be careful not to overcook---20-25 minutes is plenty. I also added slivered almonds as well as 1 tsp of almond flavoring and 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring. I melted white chocolate and drizzled it over the top after baking. With these additions/changes they tasted pretty good.