- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each into a 12x3-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on pans on wire racks 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 3/4-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 7-8 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forDouble Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
"These taste pretty good but the numbers are way off. You cannot get 6 dozen from this recipe...I was able to get only 3 1/2 dozen. Now, it says to make four 12x3 rectangles....I didn't make mine this long otherwise the dough would have been SO thin. I made mine into 9x3 rectangles and even then it seemed a little thin. Be careful not to overcook---20-25 minutes is plenty. I also added slivered almonds as well as 1 tsp of almond flavoring and 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring. I melted white chocolate and drizzled it over the top after baking. With these additions/changes they tasted pretty good."