Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
2 each: 119 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Cookies
"Excellent cookies! Lots of chocolatey goodness! Much better than expected!!!!!!!!!"
"They were DELICIOUS! You should REALLY try these. I never ever ever use salt when I bake so I would suggest that you leave out the salt. I just made these for fun to see what they would turn out like and it REALLY worked out! Follow the instructions directly (except leave out the salt like I said before.) I think you are going to LOVE these. Trust me. I ate like a million of those!"
"Delicious! I used all whole wheat flour (scooped and levelled) and they turned out great."
"These cookies are so good! The batter is really stiff - made me wish I had a KitchenAid, but worth the extra muscle required!"
"Bonist, I think the cocoa is what made these!!! Mine were perfect"
"Very good rich and easy to make"
"These are the best cookies ever! I first found them in the Cookies & Bars Book from 2010, and have made them so many times since. They go FAST and are my most requested recipe. The only recommendation I have is to add just a little more vanilla and they are perfect. Don't let the thick consistency scare you; they will be great."