Double Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream
I often serve several flavors of homemade ice cream when we have guests in the summer—this one is always the favorite.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together first seven ingredients. Place in the cylinder of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When freezing process is complete, stir in chocolate chips if desired. Serve immediately or freeze.