Chocolate lovers will delight in this moist rich cake that's easy to prepare using handy mixes and canned frosting. "I only make this dessert if I'm taking it somewhere," reports Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "I don't want it sitting in my kitchen, where I might be tempted to eat it all!"
Recommended: Our Best-Ever Chocolate Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (4 ounces) German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting, melted
- Pecan halves
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, oil and water. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in he grated chocolate, chocolate chips and pecans. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Drizzle with frosting; garnish with pecan halves. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Bundt Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p45
Reviews forDouble Chocolate Bundt Cakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"This is an amazing cake! I've been making it since I received the magazine it was in in the mail!"
Reviewed May. 10, 2010
"I loved it!! Am planning to take it to our Pinochle club for dessert this month!"