Double Chocolate Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and pale yellow. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture, vanilla and chips.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 4, 2013
My husband likes these brownies. They are also good with dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.December 8th is National Chocolate Brownie Day
Feb 7, 2013
its just as same as sponge cake
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.